• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery optimizing help

DIZZAY

Lurker
Jul 14, 2011
Im new here and I'm tring to get the most out of my battery how can I do this. Is there any apps that can help my battery from dropping so fast? I've used juicedefender for a few days but Idt it really helps. I just mostly do a lot of texting and a little browsing here and there please help

One of the things I recommend all new phone owners to do is to perform a deep power cycle.

Let your phone discharge completely, keep it on until you are warned about low battery and then just let it run out. Most phone will shut down automatically around 5%.

Plug the phone into the original a/c charger, not the usb cable. Let it charge to full uninterrupted.

When the phone says full, unplug the phone from the charge and reboot. Once the phone is completely restarted, plug it back into the charger and shut the phone off. Even if it says fully charged, let it charge for at least one more hour.

Unplug the charger and reboot the phone one more time. Now you should start seeing (possibly significantly) longer charge times.

Modern Li-Ion batteries do not have a memory and do not need to be conditioned, but Android needs to be taught exactly what a full charge represents so that it can manage power appropriately. Without a deep power cycle, it doesn't know the true capacity of the battery.

Be advised that you should only need to do this once as regularly deep cycling the battery can harm it. Li-Ion batteries perform better and last longer with incremental charges.

Upvote 0
There is absolutely NO diffeence whatsoever, between charging over USB or charger. Both a USB port and stock charger deliver exactly the same: 5 V DC at 1 A max. and you only need 250 mA or so.

That's not entirely true. The power spec's for USB puts acceptable voltage from 4.75v~5.25v with current from 100mA (low power) to 500mA (high power). AC adapters supplied with devices should be spec'ed for optimum charging performance and can deliver up to 2A current, although the 1A spec is the most common. Lower amperage means that it will take longer to achieve a full charge.

Plus, depending on the power supply in the PC and the load placed on it by other devices, the ability to provide constant power needs may fluctuate during the charge cycle.

Even if the USB power at the time of charging is equivalent to the ac charger, I always recommend using the ac adapter for deep cycling because there is less chance of not getting the full and complete charge. I did not recommend only charging from the ac adapter all the time. USB charging from that point forward is perfectly fine.

Upvote 0
Ok i did the reboot and the setting. The only sync that i have on is for my weather. I cut the others off as for task killers or a app that will help what do you recommend? I have advance task manager and automatic task killer. I uninstalled juicedefender the other day. Are these ok how should they be calibrated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones