• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery or phone bad?

u7cappy

Lurker
Mar 11, 2013
Mistakenly left Bluetooth and GPS on for a couple hours today which completely killed my battery for the first time. Had this phone since September of 2012. Every night since I bought the motion it has been plugged in overnight for 6-8 hours.

First problem I've had with my motion. Tried multiple chargers, trying a different battery tomorrow.

When I plug it in the bottom 3 lights just flash.

For the night, should I remove the battery for 8 hours, or leave it plugged in for 8 hours? Or is my phone / battery just fried?

Or, get one of the external stand alone chargers that just take the badry. Those eliminate any charging monitoring actions happening inside the phone.

I had one of those with a spare badry for my Droid Xs. Nice to have for when the factory chargers USB or charger itself goes TU and you want to shop for a good deal on a new one instead of paying xtree 'cause you Have to Have One Now.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones