• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery overheating

Anybody experiencing this, my battery suddenly starts getting really hot after using tge phone for about 5 minutes ot sure if its a fault or not.

Im 100%. i think its all phones to be honest. i have been seeing this A LOT in other forums and can confirm this myself. got mine yesterday, amazing phone btw :). but heat issue seems to be a hardware problem soooo....... sammy recall? lol

Upvote 0
I was going to start a new thread as I too am oncerned about the heat coming out of this phone. I'm not so sure the battery is where the heat is coming from. I think rather it's the top half of the phone. With the back off, the SIM card holder is probably the hottest. Not quite enough to burn but unpleasant and likely to damage the phone's components over time.

It's hard to compare temperatures without using thermometers but it's be good to get a fix on whether this is the same for everyone or perhaps a fault.

Upvote 0
I was going to start a new thread as I too am oncerned about the heat coming out of this phone. I'm not so sure the battery is where the heat is coming from. I think rather it's the top half of the phone. With the back off, the SIM card holder is probably the hottest. Not quite enough to burn but unpleasant and likely to damage the phone's components over time.

It's hard to compare temperatures without using thermometers but it's be good to get a fix on whether this is the same for everyone or perhaps a fault.

the only fix i can think of is the new OS to 2.3.4 which is supposed to fix processor related issues in the dual core phones. but your right the heat does seem like it will damage the components over time :(. the screen getting hot aswell is a worry to me... i think it might start to damage it... not sure.

Upvote 0
Interesting. Mine is a SIM free UK model - Baseband version:I9100XXKE4 - Build no: GINGERBREAD.XWKE7

That's what was on the phone when I got it and Kies tells me that is the lastest firmware.

Also, this morning, plugged into the charger all night, it feels relatively cool and my BatteryLife app tells me it is at 29c.

Upvote 0
No idea what was going on with my phone today.
It was in my shirt top-pocket as usual, and I was suddenly aware of my nipple getting very hot :rolleyes:.
Checked the phone and it was really hot - like the kind of heat that playing games on it causes.
It hadn't received any calls or anything - it was just idle.
Checked battery usage and there was nothing unusual.
No tasks running either.

So no idea what triggered it to suddenly go into over-drive. :thinking:

Rebooted it and its been fine since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones