1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

battery percentage in notifications bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slyd, Sep 30, 2011.

1. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

Is there a way to put the battery percentage in place of the battery status on the notifications bar and if not in the notification bar on any home screen would be okay, although it would be so nice to have it in the notifications bar preferably replacing the icon on the right, not just adding one to the left. I know there are a lot of battery status apps out there, but I would like recommendations on which one drains the battery the least. My phone is rooted stock rom.

Advertisement

2. Ianlmt

Ianlmt Newbie

dont they have a widget on the appstore that does that?? I think its called the battery widget or something like that... dunno if it works on rooted or not .. :)

3. smitty543

smitty543 Android Enthusiast

Since you are rooted, MikG 2.53 & .55 have the percentage replacing the Battery bar. In addition, the supplemental app "Battery Indicator" (icon is a vertical battery) appears not to have much battery drain.

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Evervolv -Acies has the percent on the battery its vertical and its a Kick A$$ ROM

5. arnould

arnould Member

Try to get 'Battery Indicator Pro' from the market, its 1$ but it works awesome and puts the percentage in the status bar and is really accurate and you can apply colors for different threshold levels. They also do have a free version if you didn't want to pay! :)

Java Programming

6. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

@Smitty543 - what is a supplemenmental app ?

7. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

I like this app, but would like to replace the stock battery icon instead of adding another one. I was wondering if there was something to replace the stock green icon with a percentage. Thanks for your reply.

8. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

moved you to the rooting section.
    i agree with smitty, try mikg 2.55 instead. that rom is pretty sweet and fast. it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then stock. plus for me the battery life was better.

9. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert

If you are still looking to add battery percentage to the status bar, PM me and let me know what rom you are running and what kind of battery icon you want. I will see what I can get together.

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

I flashed Mikg 2.55 yesterday. It is indeed nice and, yes, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than stock. The battery percentage pushed me over the edge. Titanium backup gave me fits for a while but I finally got it. Thanks.

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: