• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Percentage!

Would this be more accurate than battery widgets that take their % from the system? For example, my battery tends to charge full, and then when I pull out the cord, the widget reads 98%. Gyea?
Jedii hit the nail on the head but just to expand. This icon will give you the exact same reading as all battery apps and widgets since they all read/display the same info.
Regarding charging: the SF will stop charging once it hit 100% if still plugged in it will not re-charge until it drops to 95% and that mini-cycle will repeat. So yeah finding you battery at 96-99 is quite common. Admittedly, it takes less than 10 minutes to take the battery from 95 to 100 and in theory if your battery is just idling to go from 100 to 95 should take a couple hours, unless you are passively receiving a bunch of email and/or text for instance.

Reactions: GoBruins
Upvote 0
snap20101005_170042-1.jpg

Figure I'd show it off on my own SF. On a different note please note that 74% remaining at 5pm and they baby was pulled off the charger at 730am. Use has been mild-moderate, not ultra heavy but still yet love this battery life. I finally disabled the vibrate when I get a text feature too and that makes a tad of difference

Upvote 0
Nice!

Thanks for this. I also was able to finally rid myself of a dedicated battery widget.

I was wondering if it was possible to keep the bar showing the amount of charge left while having the charging symbol as opposed to animating. It would be easier to tell how far along charging is.

Hmm. I'd have to reach out to the developer. But, i wouldn't count on it. Might wait for some ROM's to appear, and perhaps mention/suggest it to a ROM developer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones