• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Percentage!

On the circular battery mod, is there a way of disabling it if installed. Say in the future you decide that you don't want it anymore...

Still new with this stuff, so appreciate the info.

to rid any theme, either flash a rom, or (more simply) use a back to stock update.zip and flash in clockwork.

i believe inverto over at xda includes that as an optional d/l

Reactions: eric328
Upvote 0
(MOD)Reboot Options in Power Menu for DJ05 - xda-developers the 2nd link is reboot options/battery mod for dj05

Which battery icon set does this use?

As an odd sidenote, while the one I've been using has worked, now it's always showing 100% (or the charging symbols when not full). At first I thought the kernel was really *that* efficient, but then when I plug it in the battery percentage shown on the lockscreen was different. Anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0
Just wondering if this can be flashed over the new voodoo ? Running OTB_sv_1200.

Is there any info out there as to what can and cannot be flashed while on the newer voodoo ?

you can flash anything over new voodoo except nonvoodoo or old voodoo kernels :)

and be careful with some roms that pack kernels in them....not that any newer ones do

Reactions: dan409
Upvote 0
you can get back up and running after flashing nonvoodoo over voodoo. I helped out a guy in irc today do it without odin.

yeah ive mistakenly done it when jt was packaging nonvoodoo kernels into his roms early in dj05...all i did was wipe cache and reflash voodoo and was able to boot up fine

but unlike old voodoo you can flash more things without issue :)

Upvote 0
yeah ive mistakenly done it when jt was packaging nonvoodoo kernels into his roms early in dj05...all i did was wipe cache and reflash voodoo and was able to boot up fine

but unlike old voodoo you can flash more things without issue :)

yea this guy couldnt reflash voodoo...it failed when the update script tried to flash the /system stuff in the kernel. I stripped the /system stuff out of the kernel so he would be able to flash it.

Upvote 0
yea if it were going to happen it would be the 2.3 update that did it but I dont think it will happen then either. VZW wont risk something like a filesystem conversion.

good point...now that voodoo is almost a complete conversion and you can do pretty much everything with it, life is so much easier at least....but as pro-samsung as i am currently.....they do so many ridiculous things it really makes you think they are just trying to justify their jobs or look busy at work :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Wow looks like someone else is going to be sporting the OMJ is the man signature :D

There was an article someone on one of the numerous android news sites while talked about the potential for a Gingerbread couple ext4 conversion update. Like you guys Id be quite surprised but who knows at this point.

Staying somewhat on topic does that Circle Z have as much potential for themers I maybe I think it does in terms of the customization?

Upvote 0
Just a note, Ya all might think about placing a warning in the original post about that download NOT working on DJ05, I had to do a reinstall of the ROM (Stock Deodexed DJ05) after I ran the battery zip... cause it hosed the phone all up. Then I get to page 3 and see there is a DJ05 specific link. Save the helpless folks the headache and warn them in the front of the post not to be a Larry!

Larry

Upvote 0
Wow looks like someone else is going to be sporting the OMJ is the man signature :D

There was an article someone on one of the numerous android news sites while talked about the potential for a Gingerbread couple ext4 conversion update. Like you guys Id be quite surprised but who knows at this point.

Staying somewhat on topic does that Circle Z have as much potential for themers I maybe I think it does in terms of the customization?

yup definetly....UOT Kitchen check it out there and you can see how much you can customize it....you can also make your own icons there....theres a lot more to themes than just those...but its a great place to start :)

Upvote 0
Just a note, Ya all might think about placing a warning in the original post about that download NOT working on DJ05, I had to do a reinstall of the ROM (Stock Deodexed DJ05) after I ran the battery zip... cause it hosed the phone all up. Then I get to page 3 and see there is a DJ05 specific link. Save the helpless folks the headache and warn them in the front of the post not to be a Larry!

Larry

And after reading the rest of the thread, following the link to XDA, downloading the PROPER DJ05 VERSION.... it works like a champ! Shwing! I like it, now I can dump BattStatt from my home screen! Yea! Man hugs for everyone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones