• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery performance variation

galfwender

May 5, 2010
The battery that came with my desire drained what seemed to be fairly quickly. Apps such as JuiceDefender helped, but I'd still be doing well to make it last ~12 hours with the amount of usage I was putting it through.

I bought a HTC branded spare battery, it has the same P/N on the back as the original, but it seems to last much longer.. at least 25% and maybe closer to 50%. It's been unplugged 6.5 hours and is still at 66% remaining, with a fair amount of web browsing, app installing/removing/updating, and general playing with it sporadically throughout the day. This suggests the new battery could last up to 19 hours!

The S/N of the battery that came with the phone is 2SBA1038012676, the new one is 2SBA103K008523.

Anyone who thinks their battery is under performing should consider buying a spare - it may have better performance, and even if it doesn't, you'll still have a spare of equal capacity which will help.

I have a dock with a slot for an extra battery, bought from ebay.

The dock connects either to mains AC, PC via USB, or both at the same time. As far as I can tell, if you have just the AC connected it charges both the phone and the battery from that at the same time. If you have both connected it charges just the battery from AC and connects the phone to PC via USB.

Upvote 0
Hey guys, new to the forum and having the same issues as Galfwender. I've had the phone for about 3 weeks and despite my best efforts, I simply can't get the battery to last more than about 8 hours, and that's with very little actual use; going through the menu > settings > about phone > battery information, I consistently have about 20% awake time compared to the up time (i.e. 5 hours awake out of 25 hours up). I've read literally tens of posts on improving battery life and most seem to advise turning off data services and cutting out most of the intensive uses, which, given I've invested in a smart phone so I can have data access, web browsing and games, seems like a pretty rubbish solution. I've limited syncing and removed any widgets which constantly draw power and I've also tried juice defender and various other apps, which maybe increased the overall duration of the battery by an hour or so, but wasn't really worth the hassle.

Inspired by people who say that after buying a new battery they've gotten much better life out of it, I've decided to plum for one from play.com (

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones