• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello!

I just have one question and I hope that you will help me.
I have samsung galaxy mini, upgraded to gingerbread 2.3.6., not rooted. Everything is ok until I don't go on the internet. My battery is great when I send sms, call people around and do stuff like this, but when I open opera mobile or any other browser, battery level goes from 29% to 20% in only 3 minutes. I know that wifi and 3g "eats" battery much more, but I think this is really too much.
I don't have any applications running that "eats" my battery, it's just about wifi/3g.

What should I do? Bring it back to T-mobile? Is this normal to every other galaxy mini or it's just mine

(sorry for my english)

Same issue here, my case is that I open the default email client, hit "Refresh", receive a few emails or not, then check the battery level which is 2 to 7 % less (in a few seconds while I checked the email). Also if the email client is set to automatically check for emails every hour, the phone battery drains in 10 hours.

This did not happen before upgrade to 2.3.6 and I've upgraded exactly because they say the phone would last longer. The phone is not rooted and upgraded using Kies official software.

Is there any way to fix this ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones