1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery problems, drains too much on standby

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aemasil, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Aemasil

Aemasil Lurker

So all was well with my phone and I could easily get 1day+ worth of battery time out of it, then one day (sadly can't remember what I did) it changed. Now I'm lucky if I can get it to last 10 hours on standby, 5-6 hours with minimal use. I've tried factory reset, battery re-calibration, alas to no effect.

So now I seek help from people brighter than me who can hopefully tell me what's wrong and the obvious easy solution (please!).

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

These are images from the phone, with no usage.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ESSB

ESSB Lurker

Having same probl but unable locate reason. However after changing DTIM in my DIR-655 router to 50 iso 1 things approved. Setting 255 possible but destroyed reminder of my wifi system!!Still recon this as an tempo solution but still next change will be a new router as the DIR-655 seems to cause this type of probl among many other operators. Looking fwd to your trpoubleshooting/actions !!

3. Aemasil

Aemasil Lurker

Thanks, but, eh, I'm not sure WiFi is the problem as the phone drains equally much on 3g.

4. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Nothing overly bonkers going on there it seems.

I would definitely put the wifi sleep policy to "only when plugged in"

also, try charging to 100%, take out your battery for 3 minutes. during this 3 minutes, keep the power pressed for at least 10 seconds, and when you insert the battery, press power+home for at least 10 seconds.

5. ESSB

ESSB Lurker

Ooops! Burried deep into my wifi probl. Sorry, missed u 3G probl. Sorry!!!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews