1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jon_LTD, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

My battery is appearing to be getting abused by something and I don't know what. From 100% thus morning I'm already down to 56%.. from minimal use! I'm usually in the mid 90's by now. I tried to download a flashlight app for n1 this morning but it didn't work and crashed a bunch of times so I've uninstalled it. That's the only thing I can think of. Is there a practical way of finding what us eating my battery? A factory restore is a last resort, but this is ridiculous. I won't last the end of the day at work.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

Check out Spare Parts from the market.
    Look under partial wake usage.

Usually helps me figure out what is killing my battery

Jon_LTD likes this.
  3. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Thanked for that. I downloaded the recommended app, and was showing my Sense OS was drinking my battery! I don't know why as I'd hardly done anythinxg different..
    I took the no nonsense route and did a factory reset as I had my Titanium Backup from only a few days ago. Oh well, at least my battery is behaving.

4. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

How weird is that :-S
    Glad you found out what it was, that app is a life saver

5. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Agreed. I've redownloaded it for future reference. But since my reset, everything seems to be ticking along nicely. Teppic74's Gingerbread Sense ROM is very friendly on the battery. Or maybe I'm just using it sparingly. Either way, my battery is hell of a lot better!

Not too sure what caused my OS to go crazy, but I partially blame that Flashlight Widget I downloaded. My phone was acting a bit screwy after I tried to use it, and then when I checked my phone approx an hour later my batter had dropped to 80%! Not good!

6. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert

My phone always acted like that with sense roms.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews