• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery problems

Hi from Spain.

I'm also suffering the htc desire 601 battery drains. I've also tried almost everything but nothing fixs it definitively.

Last thing I tested was this: https://secure.kitserve.org.uk/battery-issues-htc-desire-601-since-software-update-4.4.2.

I mention it because I haven't seen this link in this thread. At first it looked promising, but like everything else, it started failing again after 2 days.

I'll stay tuned to this thread. I hope somebody will come up with a solution. I'll post mine just in case.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I`m so disappointed ,me and my wife we have the same phones,and I tried everything and nothing is helping ,I don`t want to spend more money for phones but that phones doesn`t last even 10 hours without to use it somedays... WTF?! I asked VM to change the phones for different ones and i`m getting 25$ for each one :D This is absurd !

Upvote 0
Oddly I did a battery pull just for the heck of it after it acted up repeatedly yesterday and it's been way good so far. Kind of a WTF! Hope I didn't just jinx it by typing this! knocking on wood. It really was going into drain mode every couple hours. I pulled the battery and then plugged in for a recharge and it's been very stable ever since ?

This also did not last, sorry! Really thought I'd done it there for a bit. :thinking:

It worked for a couple days though so it's a little better than just rebooting!

Upvote 0
Well, after a few days, I haven't gotten the battery drain so far.

I rooted and installed Xposed Framework and Greenify (paid for the donate version).

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413753695349.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413753695349.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: lytesson
Upvote 0
I'm still having issues with battery drain. As of the last time I checked my battery drain my phone is still awake 100% of the time. I installed greenify (without root) and I guess it didn't help. I've beenwanting to root this phone for awhile but I haven't been able to find a legit walkthrough. Can someone who successfully rooted their phone post a link? Thanks

Upvote 0

I have, months ago prior to the Kitkat update. It was originally put out there to help with the random problem of the top speaker not working sometimes and it worked for me. Since the 4.4.2 update, the problem hasn' resurfaced for me. I'm completely stock and have never had any issues with battery life. Granted, I'm not a heavy user of data, but with a few phone calls a day and around ten to twenty texts a day, I have went 4 days and still have had around 50% of my battery left. I have the connection optimizer turned off, don't have the battery saver turned on and leave the location services turned on, minus the GPS. I only turn on wifi, when needed. I've been following this thread and just wonder if maybe some of you have defective devices, because it sure seems that no matter what you try, the battery drain keeps occurring. Maybe once a month, I will wipe the data cache partition, just for the heck of it. And for the record, my battery life improved after the 4.4.2 update. Wish I could be of more help, but it appears that I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't had this problem. Good luck to you in trying to resolve this....

Upvote 0
Tuller, I'm not sure why it affects some phones and not others. It seems to be an issue with the Google play services app keeping the phone from going into sleep mode for extended periods of time. I tried many things, and have even flashed a custom ROM for a while (didn't work quite right in other areas) I just came across the ability to access the app permissions via root today, but I have seen a drastic change in my phone since I denied play services the ability to keep my phone awake.

Upvote 0
I had it wig out on me again after. I have it denying keep awake and have play services being greenified. Seems to help some, but when it decides to freak out nothing seems to stop it.

Anyone know anything about the LG Volt from VM? I can't afford the desire 816, but the LG Volt seems like a decent alternative to this once mighty phone.

Reactions: sbatta
Upvote 0
APP OPS STARTER (from play store) seems to help my phone stay cooler and not kill the battery. Testing for only an hour so far

I denied Google Play Services and Android System for "Keep Awake"

EDIT: Alright so I've been using this for almost a day now. When I got into work and checked my phone after I disconnected it from the charger for about 30 min I was still at 100%. This is looking promising!

Reactions: sbatta
Upvote 0
I know this isn't htc but it's still battery... I'm using no frills CPU app and I'm just wondering can any one explain to me please in non technical terms or lead me somewhere that explains what the different governor settings do? also the other settings like noop cfq deadline I believe it's in that non governor group. thank you. if you want email address I sparky_rad@yahoo.ca

thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones