1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery question (Again)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mpsya, Sep 2, 2011.

1. mpsya

mpsya Newbie

Hi.
    When I go into Settings>Applications>Battery Usage what is the timer at the top of the screen supposed to be telling me? At the moment it reads 2h 55m 3s on battery. Is that how long is left on the battery until it dies or how long the battery has been in use or something else. I'm sure I'm being completely thick but I just can't seem to make sense of it.
    Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

Its how long the battery has been in use.

mpsya likes this.
  3. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

How long the battery has been in use after it was removed from the charger.:p

4. mpsya

mpsya Newbie

Thanks. When does it start timing from? From when the charger was last unplugged? Does the timer stop when you lock the phone ie when the phone is not in use or does it run continuously?

5. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

It runs constantly and starts from when you unplug the phone after a certain amount of time charging.

6. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

as greggebhardt said, since its not been on charge.

Strange tho, as I always switch my phone off overnight and put it on when I get up to go to work. When I arrive at work I plug it into my USB (hence charging)
    Looking at that figure now, it says 9 hours 23 minutes. So according to that, I switched my phone on at about 2:15 am, which is way out. It was more like 7am.

7. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert

Timer doesnt run while the phone is off so maybe it was counting this morning and the night before?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews