1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support battery question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asfastpitch2009, Aug 11, 2010.

1. asfastpitch2009

asfastpitch2009 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    does anyone else's battery go from 100% to 90% really fast? mine does even after the update a couple weeks ago. i didn't know if it was just my phone. i charge it fully then after a few text messages it's on 90%. GPS is disabled, battery saver mode enabled, brightness 20%, social apps sync over wifi only and that is never turned on.. just wondering what was up?

Advertisement

2. Lancedroid

Lancedroid Active Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Mine does this too.

3. caveritt

caveritt Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Technology Evangelist
    Southeast US
    Just got my DX yesterday and I am very disappointed in the battery performance. I find it silly that we have to turn everything off just so we can use the phone past noon.

4. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It goes

100 to 90
    90 to 80

Etc...you might be at 95% but it will still show 90%

5. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It goes

100 to 90
    90 to 80

Etc...you might be at 95% but it will still show 90%

6. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    SoCal
    You have to give it time. Since you only got the phone yesterday don't expect god battery life until you get a couple charge cycles in. Plus, most of the widgets that display the battery percentage only show 10% decrements so it might display 80% but be higher as previous mentioned.

7. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I had poor battery management in the beginning as well. First, I set my battery management to "battery smart mode."

Then I went into every app and adjusted the settings/preferences and set refresh/update manual refresh or once/day update. The only apps that I have refresh hourly are emails/messages (hourly), sports ticker (2 hours), and weather (2 hours). I also set everything to update via network and not GPS.

The last thing I do is use Advanced Task Killer. I force kill apps that I know to be memory hogs, memory leaks, or are buggy (such as Facebook). With Advanced Task Killer, it is a must not to have it auto-kill (set this to 'disable' to only manual kill). Then uncheck apps that you want to ignore or continue to run. I only use ATK when the phone is laggy or if there is a buggy app. You do not need to continuously kill apps since they are in sleep mode.