• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Questions

most of us if we didnt touch our phone it'd be dead in 7 hours let alone 100 texts and other moderate use. how you get a super-stock battery?

You must have something wrong with your phone then because I am getting a day easily with searching the internet, fb and pretty much texting so if you dont touch your phone and it is dying in 7 hours something is wrong.

Upvote 0
I purchased an 1800 mAh extended battery for my Incredible. I know it also fit a couple other phones like the Evo and touch pro2 without needing a different back. I havn't seen anything regarding this but any chance the Inc. battery fits in the Thunderbolt?
Sorry if this is a stupid question but like I said I look around and couldn't find anything on this one way or the other.

Upvote 0
Sent about 100 texts. A couple quick calls. some internet browsing. I uses Nav for about 25 mins.. Pretty good if you ask me.

Just that alone is killing mine and a lot of other peoples phones! I don't know man, you really don't have a reason to fib, but why aren't a lot of us seeing battery life like this? I yet to make it to 6 hours on a single charge, how on earth you getting over 12 with juice to spare?

Upvote 0
You must have something wrong with your phone then because I am getting a day easily with searching the internet, fb and pretty much texting so if you dont touch your phone and it is dying in 7 hours something is wrong.

Yellow is not alone, there are a whole lot of use in the same boat with horrid battery life scattered all over the map! It sounds like a wide spread problem to me. Can't be a bad batch, I would only buy that if a group of use purchased from the same store, on the same day, from the same batch, and that's not the case!

Upvote 0
Just to chime in. I won't say my battery life is great and or poor. I have bump charged maybe twice and it took a long time before I was convinced I had a fully 100% charged battery. I have the htc battery widget. Here are my results: i have 35% battery remaining--voice calls-27%--cell standby-26%--display-23%--phone idle-22%--android system-2%-- 1day 13hrs 17sec since unplugged and still riding, getting ready to explore tune-wiki hopefully it has an exit feature if not I will have to install xia live from visual blasters. I am hoping htc and verizon sends updates that will fix said battery issues and give us the rest of our so so prophesied by all the reviews and videos I've seen since the beginning of this device, specifically speaking: Where is our ever so mentioned 40 gigs out the box? Motorola boasts 48 but I hate Blur. Sorry Thunderbolt fam, just venting.

Upvote 0
I purchased an 1800 mAh extended battery for my Incredible. I know it also fit a couple other phones like the Evo and touch pro2 without needing a different back. I havn't seen anything regarding this but any chance the Inc. battery fits in the Thunderbolt?
Sorry if this is a stupid question but like I said I look around and couldn't find anything on this one way or the other.

No it doesnt the battery is a different size the tb battery is very small the inc battery is longer.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I put a fresh battery in my phone last night at 9pm and besides it powering up and connecting to wifi I didn't touch it. It was still set up to sync and i recieved a couple phone calls I cleared and about a dozen texts I didn't answer . At 7am my phone was at 89% . So 10hrs at connected idle It lost just over 1% an hour. My rooted and undervolted overclocked incredible would have been at 97% with similar but I don't think 1% an hour with the phone still connected is bad at all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones