• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Rapidly Drains to 1%

lekika

Lurker
Nov 5, 2017
This started yesterday. My phone will be fully charged and within 30 mins to an hour I watch it drop rapidly to 1%. It's at 1% now. Although, the battery holds a charge at 1% for a large amount of time. I haven't got to the point where I let it drain completely yet but earlier it was at 1% for little over 45 mins and still going. Is this a glitch? Is there something causing this to happen behind the scenes? I researched as much as I could and I have done all the tips given. Checking battery usage, it says Chrome uses 22%. Yikes! Yes I use that more than most apps on my phone but after that most used was screen. I reset my Cache. I disabled or removed apps, lowered the background light, removed vibrate features... it's so frustrating. I can't be the only one who has had this issue. I mean, it still works a long time at 1% but how the heck am I supposed to know when it's actually about to die? lol My OCD can't handle it. If you have delt with this type of rapid battery drain please let me know what to do!

I wanted to add that it lasts about 7 hours before dying with fair amount of use at 1% -- Its still doing it. I also noticed that it is making a weird noise when I am on the phone with people. I believe it's the notification noise it makes when battery is low. Every few minutes it will disrupt the coversation, even the other person can hear it. I am getting so irritated. I might just be done with Android. This is the 2nd phone I have had through samsung that has malfunctioned. First was the S5. Still looking for a solution other than system restore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones