• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery reboot issue DROID

loomer

Android Enthusiast
Mar 17, 2010
New Jersey
I just got a new battery for my Droid, and the battery came 60% charged. So I did the battery drain until it powered off. I then put it on the dock to do a full charge, and now the phone is in a constant boot loop. It reboots up to the home screen and mounts the SD card. It stays on for about 5 seconds after mounting the card, and then reboots. I tried just plugging it into the charger w/o the dock, and still does the same thing. I have also tried pulling the battery, putting it back in and charge. Same. I have even tried doing a power down from the home screen within the 5-10 seconds the home screen stays on, but no luck. It turns off before it completes the shutdown and reboots again.

I just got the battery today, so I wanted to try some stuff before I went to the Verizon store.

I just tried the old battery, and it does not go into the loop with the old one.

So it is either the battery, or I was wondering if this is something that happens when you drain the battery down to nothing? I just booted up to the recovery screen, and it does not reboot from there. I am going to let it sit there for a bit and see if I can get the battery to charge up a little from there, then see if it still loops with a little bit of juice in the battery. If not, looks like I'll be returning the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones