• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery remaining time estimate in About Phone useless?

owl70

Lurker
May 21, 2011
Finland
Does the battery remaining time estimate in "Settings / About Phone / Battery /Battery Use" show anything useful?

For the most time mine just shows about the same time remaining as the total use time after charging.

After a full charge, and waiting for 10 min, it shows:
- Total time: 10 min
- Remaining time: 11 min

Is this Desire HD specific? 2.3.3 thing? Just my phone/battery?

On the top side of the chart it displays the remaining time. Also the page with the processes shows remaining time over the tiny chart.
I have the Nordic edition of Desire HD, but that shouldn't matter... Right?

No - it shows the time the phone has been running on battery i.e. the time since it came off charge. I can't see anything that could lead you to believe that this is an indication of the battery time remaining - or am I missing something?

Upvote 0
Attached are the two views where the remaining time "akkua j

Attachments

• battery1.png
    battery1.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 61
  • battery2.png
    battery2.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
Here's mine for a translation:

screenshot2jh.png

When you go to Settings >> About Phone >> Battery Use, click on the graph at the top and it should open the second screen.

Presumably, the text under the graph indicates the length of time the graph depicts. However, if you look at mine, I don't see why the phone has been off charge for almost two hours, yet the graph depicts only an hour and a half.

A complete random guess is that the graph isn't used when the phone is at 100% charge, so it took my phone 25 minutes (of no use) to dip to 99%.

Reactions: owl70
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones