• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery replacement question

bander68

Aug 22, 2012
I bought another replacement battery, and it came with a slightly different model #. I haven't had a chance to run it completely from full down to empty yet, but wanted to post and see if anyone here could tell me the difference.

My original battery: EB-L1G6LLA
My new battery: EB-L1G6LLZ

I understand that the LLZ battery is what comes stock in some other carrier's phones, but I wanted to know (other than 1 letter) - what is the difference?

BTW, when I ordered it, it said LLA on the website, but I got the LLZ in it's place.

I bought another replacement battery, and it came with a slightly different model #. I haven't had a chance to run it completely from full down to empty yet, but wanted to post and see if anyone here could tell me the difference.

My original battery: EB-L1G6LLA
My new battery: EB-L1G6LLZ

I understand that the LLZ battery is what comes stock in some other carrier's phones, but I wanted to know (other than 1 letter) - what is the difference?

BTW, when I ordered it, it said LLA on the website, but I got the LLZ in it's place.

I don't think thre's any difference, If the prefixes were different, then it would mean the batteries are completely sifferent. If the output and input voltage and current ratings are the same, then you shouldn't worry. The Z is from Verizon and the A is from At$t

Upvote 0
I have 4 batteries total. T-Mobile USA, btw.

Battery #1 (original) Cell made in Korea (drains in about 1 hour)
Battery #2 (online purchase) Made in China (drains in about 2 hours)
Battery #3 (online purchase and my best battery) Made in Japan (lasts all day)
Battery #4 (the LLZ battery) Manufactured by SDI Cell made in China (???)

Upvote 0
And now that I'm using it, it seems to be a piece of crap. It's draining like my #2 battery. 30 minutes of sitting, and it dropped to 92% (my good battery would still be at 100%). 10 minutes of light usage, and it dropped another 10% to 82%. Why do people claim something is genuine when it's not? I hate liars!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones