• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Report

Hey everybody,

I figured I would throw my 2 cents in on my battery performance. I was mildy dissapointed after the first week of use with my phone. It was without a doubt worse than my old iPhone 3g. I expected this due to larger screen, running widgets, ect. so im not complaining. However, a couple days ago I downloaded the Set CPU app from the marketplace and set it to minimum every time the screen turns off. The difference is amazing, I have not charged since 730am yesterday and just now at 340 I plugged it in, it was around 5% left. I really wanted to push it and see how much more I could get but I dont want it to die on me tonight, im going to a baseball game so I dont want to be stuck without it.(GO PHILLIES!). As far as usage, I spent about 45 talking over bluetooth, I have sent about 15 texts and received about the same. I checked Twitter a few times, for a few mins each time. Spent about an hour browsing web, and downloaded a couple apps from the market. Before this I was charging my phone after an 8 hour day at work and had almost no juice left. YMMV but for me this has been well worth the 2 bucks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones