1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Battery Report

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JNKS, Aug 19, 2010.

1. JNKS

JNKS Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hey everybody,

I figured I would throw my 2 cents in on my battery performance. I was mildy dissapointed after the first week of use with my phone. It was without a doubt worse than my old iPhone 3g. I expected this due to larger screen, running widgets, ect. so im not complaining. However, a couple days ago I downloaded the Set CPU app from the marketplace and set it to minimum every time the screen turns off. The difference is amazing, I have not charged since 730am yesterday and just now at 340 I plugged it in, it was around 5% left. I really wanted to push it and see how much more I could get but I dont want it to die on me tonight, im going to a baseball game so I dont want to be stuck without it.(GO PHILLIES!). As far as usage, I spent about 45 talking over bluetooth, I have sent about 15 texts and received about the same. I checked Twitter a few times, for a few mins each time. Spent about an hour browsing web, and downloaded a couple apps from the market. Before this I was charging my phone after an 8 hour day at work and had almost no juice left. YMMV but for me this has been well worth the 2 bucks.

Advertisement

2. St_G

St_G Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    How, specifically, do you have your profile for screen sleep set. I keep doing something that prevents it from waking back up. Which, all told, is kinda less than ideal.

3. JNKS

JNKS Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    In the profiles tab I made a screen off setting that knocks the phone down to 100MHz and scaling set to powersave every time the screen shuts down. I have not had any issues at all...YET. Good luck with yours.

4. St_G

St_G Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Yeah, weird. If I use those settings, the screen won't wake from sleep. The lowest it seems to accept (and still function) is a 100-400Mhz range, on demand, when the the screen is asleep.

Not sure that's particularly useful. I may opt for a refund before my 24 hours is up.