1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery saving apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sukuoru, May 3, 2012.

1. sukuoru

sukuoru Newbie
    None

Mar 2, 2012
    Toys r us, in the rzone
    Jacksonville, fl
    I dunno if this should be in the all about root section or not... But I wanted to ask.

What battery saving apps and/or task killers do you recommend? I have used all of the "easy" apps, and greenpower premium, along with es task killer.

Only problem I've ever had with the battery savers has been data not turning back on unless I restart my phone

Advertisement

2. brotherswing

brotherswing Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Male
    Full time Dad, cook
    In my living room.
    I personally use ES Task manager, simply because ES makes my favorite file explorer. I don't mind having to turn my data back on in the morning, it's about tripled the battery life of my phone.

I'll move this to the main Admire forum. More people will see it, and battery savers usually don't require root access.

sukuoru likes this.
  3. Spikebob21

Spikebob21 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    Use Go Power Master...

It's amazing... i tell my story.

Charged phone to 100%, unplugged, 30mins later turned on Alarm mode (Which can auto start/stop at specific times if chosen) Woke up about 8-9hrs later battery lvl was at 98%!!!!

Can add custom mode and choose between modes via HOME from the widget...

Great app shows statistics about battery lvl and more... Great! Try it out give a thanks when you see how great it is...
    :D:p:);):rolleyes::eek::cool:

4. Zunga93

Zunga93 Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2012
    Android Island
    Hello there!
    Advanced Task Killer Pro
    Keeps the phone running nice and smooth. Plus, the instant optimization widget is very useful. Doesn't forcefully shut off the phone, which is good. A battery-saving compliment would have been nice, but hey, program does everything is says it does and it's very easy to use.Without this app your android battery life has no chance, works great on my Admire
    :thumb:

sukuoru likes this.
  5. SamsungAdmire

None

Feb 7, 2012
    task killer only works on cm7/Miui stock does not, REGARDLESS Of what you say. stock reopens closed applications.

6. supergt

supergt Lurker
    None

May 7, 2012
    I use "dx toolbox -app2d+task killer". Under the internet mode, if running only a couple of apps which need wifi update, vitality only uses about 1% power per hour. If under the standby mode (no wifi),whole night only uses 2-3% power. You also can customize each mode, or create your own "self-defined" mode.

7. DreamRaider

DreamRaider Member
    None

Nov 29, 2011
    powermax works the best for me

8. I luv trolling

I luv trolling Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Stay away from task killers. Those dont make your phone any faster or save any battery life. Task managers are ok though. Try to leave the phone with the lowest light level as possible when you are gonna leave it alone for a long period of time. Wifi accounts for about 60% of battery loss so try to turn it off when you arent in a wifi zone.

9. StephTech

StephTech Lurker
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Houston TX USA
    I recently switched Go SMS and I was very impressed with the setup and interface, so another Go product caught my eye. The setup of this program is also very impressive, and I will report on B&A battery stats.

10. StephTech

StephTech Lurker
    None

Oct 28, 2011
    Houston TX USA
    Agreed! When the Captivate first came out I was advised to use a task killer, but I eventually learned that Android is not Windows - and remembering that we're using a different operating system will help us get the most out of these great phones!
    References:
    Android Task Killers Explained - Lifehacker
    Task Management - Nextapp

11. epp

epp Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 28, 2012
    Boston, MA
    I don't recommend any of them. With my first Android (Huawei M835), I used both Advanced Task Killer Froyo, as well as JuiceDefender.

While using both of these on separate occasions, I continued to plug the charger every night because there wasn't much power left in the battery anyway, so using the apps made no difference.