1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Saving Help :x

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by biggiephil, Oct 25, 2014.

1. biggiephil

biggiephil Android Enthusiast

Hey everyone, I get a decent amount of S.O.T, my device: Nexus 5, Latest version of DU, Francos r63 with NYCHitman's settings for the kernel, I was just wondering if there you guys recommend different settings or an entire different kernel that may work better? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

Better than what? What are you getting now with your current set-up? ;)

3. biggiephil

I usually see around 2 hours just under 3 I've never see 3 hours of SOT

4. Hunter5

Hunter5 Android Enthusiast

Try the Starship Rom posted in the forum, I've been running it for over a day now and battery life is incredible!! I have not come across a single issue and it has been running silky smooth.

5. Incakola

Incakola Android Enthusiast

Elementalx is good. Had 3.5 sot from normal use but that was a few updates ago I'm still trying to configure it.

6. biggiephil

Ohhh, I flashed the latest L .img from google, been great

7. xdrc45

xdrc45 Android Enthusiast

ElementalX is a great kernel to try out and I was using that previously to using Franco.
    Just remember that it can take a couple days for the kernel to settle in, so give it some time.
    I've also noticed that personally for me that while I was running the latest DU official 8.1 build and the previous Test build with Franco r63, I was getting massive battery drain for whatever reason, (never had a chance to narrowed it down to what the culprit was) so I just reflashed the DU 8.1 build and just used Josh's kernel included in the DU ROM and my battery life has improved tremendously since then as well as SOT.
    I'm not sure if it was due to r63 and it not being updated in a while or what but since switching from r63 to DU kernel I'm definitely not experiencing near the battery drain that I was before. :thumbup:

biggiephil likes this.
  8. Incakola

Almost made it to 3 hrs of sot with just half the battery.
    Had GPS on (battery saver)
    Had google hotword detection on always when screen is on
    Running on elementalx still

Attached Files:

9. biggiephil

I'm running Franco's latest r66 for android L along with his beta app for the performance profiles :)

10. Incakola

I'm still looking around for someone to post the battery life on the latest preview. Now that I see Franco has release some L betas, I'm more curious

11. biggiephil

Its decent, I'm happy with it

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews