• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery saving tip

gme109

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
Using black wallpaper and turning the screen brightness all the way down, has increased my battery life tremendously. I tried looking for a black wallpaper app, and found one, but it doesn't work on the Epic. So I used my camera, with the flash turned off, and my finger over the lens, to get a black photo. This along extended battery life, but with the black back ground, the widgets now pop, because of the contrast, so I was able to turn brightness all the way down. Between implementing these two things, I was able to go 18 hrs. and still have 40% battery life left.
Plus I think the black wallpaper looks really good. Its a win win situation.

My phone's been on 36+ hours now without being charged and I'm at 82%. The trick? Don't use your phone, lol.

Seriously though, when I'm asleep or at work (not allowed to use my phone at work), the only thing "on" is the phone radio so I can see my missed calls. Also, when I'm in low signal areas (like my apartment) I use Roam Control and set it to roam only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones