1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root battery saving using tasker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bzzzzz, Oct 30, 2010.

1. bzzzzz

bzzzzz Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    teacher
    uk
    I think this should be possible, but I'll need a bit of help setting it up as I'm not yet competent with tasker.

During the day I have "data enabled" most of the time because if someone sends me an email I want to be able to reply. However data enabled does cause significant battery drain and my email only gets checked every hour.

Is it possible to create a tasker task that turns on "data enabled" and checks emails once an hour and then turns off "data enabled"?

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    Yeah, it is. I've heard of people using tasker as a juice defender replacement before.

I don't have that much experience playing with tasker, but you just need some kinda setup like this:
    -Toggle Mobile data on
    -Wait 60 seconds
    -Toggle Mobile Data off
    -Wait 59 minutes

Then set that up so you can turn it on/off using a widget (which I think tasker has the option for), since you don't want the profile running when you're actively browsing the internet/at night.

3. funkpod

funkpod Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010

hey, i know this is an old thread, but here's my question.

How do i know that my apps will sync specifically during the 60 second interval that the data is back on? is there a way to specifically direct some apps to sync at those times?

and how do i set up the profile? what do I use for the context?

do i use Time? like, do it every hour, etc?

thank you so much!

4. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    I'm not sure myself, but I found this example on the Tasker Wiki site which claims to do exactly what you want. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Xyro likes this.
Tags: