1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery Statistics and other issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saycoda, Feb 9, 2011.

1. saycoda

saycoda Newbie

Hi I have couple of questions, mostly battery life oriented. I love my Epic 4G but am frustrated by the battery usage. I am running JuiceDefender (default settings) and Startup Manager. Yesterday after running the battery totally dead, I charger it in my truck for three hours, it came up with the blue LED and indicated 100% (therefore I charged from 12:00-3:00pm). Fairly light usage after supper from about 7:00-9:00pm, then to bed. On my way into work at 8:00am this morning, 2-3 calls and texts the battery is totally dead with the following stats:

1) 9hrs 6min since unplugged (what?, I unplugged it at 3:00pm not 11:00pm)
    2) Usage:
    a. Display 57%
    b. Voice calls 18%
    c. Cell standby 13%
    d. Phone idle 9%
    e. Media server 2%

My display turns off after 1min, I

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MannyrtFresh

MannyrtFresh Well-Known Member

Go to SETTINGS then ACCOUNTS & SYNC then uncheck the Background data.. remember to turn it on when u want to use it the Web or anything.

Have you Read trough this yet..

http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-ti...4g-battery-life-extension-another-thread.html

If you read trough it and follow as it says then theres no reason why you shouldnt get at least 15-16 hours on 1 charge. at least thats what i was getting when i still had my regular battery in my Epic. thats also an estimate with background still enabled and facebook running in the background.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews