1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Battery stats - Mobile Network signal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GalaxyN, Jan 10, 2012.

1. GalaxyN

GalaxyN Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    After turning off a bunch of stuff (Google Talk, Google backup, etc) I have had fantastic battery life - with light use I got a day to a day and a half easily running on 3G.

On Sunday, I turned on 4G to see what difference it made and I still got about 20ish hours but turned it off as I really don't have a day to day need and battery life is more important to me.

Today, my battery life is awful! Down to 35% within about 6 hrs! When I look at the battery stats I see a bar showing "Mobile Network Signal". Usually this bar is gold with a few spots of green, today it is almost all green but as far as I can tell, I haven't lost 3G as I've gotten mail, etc. normall all day.

Does anybody know what this bar signifies?

Advertisement

2. crankerchick

crankerchick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    Green is good, it means your signal was strong. Don't think that is the cause of your drain.

3. GalaxyN

GalaxyN Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Thanks Crankerchick!

I'm surprised to hear that green is better than gold as my battery always goes down faster when it is green but usually green has been only a small portion of my time up until yesterday when it was almost all green. After going dead last night, I'm all charged up now and did a battery pull to make sure everything was nice and fresh this morning. We'll see how it goes....hoping my battery is back to its normal self.

4. crankerchick

crankerchick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    Hmm I have the opposite. Mine is hardly ever green, and when it is, my battery life is much better. I've only seen green for a long period of time when I am very close to Baltimore and my phone is showing full bars on both 3G and 4G.

Tags: