• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery suddenly changing life

jdowney

Lurker
Oct 16, 2011
Hello, I have recently gone from 20 hours of solid battery life, regular everyday use (couple calls, couple game sessions (light 20 minutes here and there), browse the web (reddit app), take 10-15 pictures, hours of music playback.

Now I am seeing it lose 50% in 4-5 hours, the only recent change was rooting it, and leaving it stock (to disable the sound capture when taking a picture. Everything else is the same.

Here are some pictures of the battery info. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Phone - Imgur

Hello, I have recently gone from 20 hours of solid battery life, regular everyday use (couple calls, couple game sessions (light 20 minutes here and there), browse the web (reddit app), take 10-15 pictures, hours of music playback.

Now I am seeing it lose 50% in 4-5 hours, the only recent change was rooting it, and leaving it stock (to disable the sound capture when taking a picture. Everything else is the same.

Here are some pictures of the battery info. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Phone - Imgur

From the screenies you linked, it seems you have a wakelock with all the awake time vs screen time. Also you have alot of things running, which might not have been the case before. There is a app called "Better battery stats" it can help you see if you do indeed have a wakelock.

Reactions: jdowney
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones