1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Battery Suddenly Over Heating/Running Down

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doug Morrow, May 16, 2018.

1. Doug Morrow

Doug Morrow Newbie
    None

Feb 5, 2015
    Male
    I have a MotoX (Series 1) taht I've had since it first came out. Wife and i have identical phones. Recently my phone has started using the battery up in half a day, sometimes sooner. I note that the screen will become active (get brighter) every few seconds and suppose that this is the issue. what setting or app may be causing this?

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Time for a new phone or battery

3. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

Apr 17, 2018
    Male
    CommScope grounding cable engineering.
    Massachusetts
    Check your device ambient settings that may have a fluctuation of your device brightness, also it's a good idea to see what apps are running in your background under data usage that may be high battery usage apps. But if your phone is roughly 5 years old or longer it may be time for a new device but if it's not and you can fix that just by removing certain apps that has high usage you.

4. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x-5601.php
    The Moto X came out in late 2013 so unless you've replaced the original battery since then, it's not surprising that its not able to hold as good a charge as it used to. Your phone does not have a user-replaceable battery but if you're a DIY type, iFixit has a nice step-by-step guide on how to replace it:
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Motorola+Moto+X+Battery+Replacement/16974
    Note that there's a lot of adhesives involved so be prepared and use the proper tools.
    If you take it to some service shop to have this done, it shouldn't be a major expense for something like this but don't forget to consider the costs to have it done for you vs. applying that money to just buying a new phone. If it was only a couple of years old it might be worth investing more money into having it fixed up but being almost five years old now you might want to upgrade to a something new or newer.