• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery temp won't charge phone

kiiat

Jul 1, 2011
i've been reading up on this issue on several threads and wondering if anyone has installed an update to fix this issue or what you did to fix this issue?

last night, i went to charge my phone but when i plugged in the charger, i got a blinking battery image with a temperature icon on it. actually, i didn't notice it at first (i put it down as soon as i plugged it in) until about an hour later when i went to check on the phone and it drained to 1% battery (plugged it in at around 15%)

the phone didn't feel hot but i had to kill all apps and then try and recharge it. it didn't let me a few times because it kept giving me the "battery too hot to charge" or whatever that message was but i managed to get it charging.

does an update help? phone deets:

rooted and unlocked
android 2.3.3
baseband version I9100MUGKG2
kernel 2.6.357-I9100JPKG2
build# GINGERBREAD.UGKG2

thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones