• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Ok, now after only a handful of hours of sleep mode (after coming back from the bathroom in the middle of the night and seeing the phone was at 100%, I unplugged it), it was at 82%. The battery section in settings said most of it was from "cell radio." This is annoying. I wish I could know which apps were doing this or what was going on. It's frustrating.

The link you were given should be able to answer all your question. Cell radio? How is your signal, I know at home my signal is crap so it uses more battery searching, so while at home I always have my wifi on. (Helps a ton!)
Syncing:Email, facebook and anything else that uses it will have settings, you can save alot by only having the sync when you open them. I have email and facebook set at 4 hour intervals, I only do this because I coach and need to know if a parent is trying to contact me. Otherwise I would have them set to only sync when I open app. Check settings, accounts then change your sync options.

The great things this phone offers requires battery. Decide what you can't and can live without, once you have been using it for a while you will know what those are hence knowing exactly what you can do to save battery or know exactly when, where and how you will need to charge.

BTW I carry and external battery charger if I know I will be out and away from a place to charge (long day out or weekend trip) It's better for me than an extra battery because I don't have to shut my phone off to charge it. plus I can charge other devices with it.

Good luck and have fun getting to know your new operating system! You can pretty much do what you want with android!:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones