• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery tip from xda forums

Well I looked around but I don't see any mention of it on these forums. Onestepahead from xda got a reply from htc about the battery and they said to do this.

To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly: 1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more 2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour 3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well

Going to try it tonight, people say it works though. No idea why but figured I'd share and give the results tomorrow. here's a link to the page Official response from HTC RE: How to double battery Life (WORKS!) + 2nd Reply - xda-developers

Reactions: stainlessray
Well I looked around but I don't see any mention of it on these forums. Onestepahead from xda got a reply from htc about the battery and they said to do this.

To also help with Battery Life you can do these steps exactly: 1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more 2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour 3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour Your battery life should almost double, we have tested this on our devices and other agents have seen a major difference as well

Going to try it tonight, people say it works though. No idea why but figured I'd share and give the results tomorrow. here's a link to the page Official response from HTC RE: How to double battery Life (WORKS!) + 2nd Reply - xda-developers

This is excellent advice! However, the forums are RIPE with the same advice over and over and over.

Upvote 0
This did not seem to work for me. Charged over night, shut the phone off brought my charger in with me to work and charged it for an hour. Turned on the phone for two minutes then shut off and charged for another hour. Turned on and with moderate usage, checking e-mail and setting up some home screens for a while, the battery is down to 86% after one hour of use :(

Upvote 0
This did not seem to work for me. Charged over night, shut the phone off brought my charger in with me to work and charged it for an hour. Turned on the phone for two minutes then shut off and charged for another hour. Turned on and with moderate usage, checking e-mail and setting up some home screens for a while, the battery is down to 86% after one hour of use :(

Didn't work for me either. Just charge until full and recharge when you need to. It's probably best to simply use and allow discharge and not try to keep the battery full anyway. Laptop batteries use the same LI technology, and they always recommend not leaving the battery continuously plugged in (or in a phone's case continually charged to full without regular discharge below 80%) because it will actually worsen battery life and performance.:eek:

Upvote 0
For those of you that can't get this battery trick to work:

Plug in an NES in the same socket as your phone's wall charger. Put in the game "Contra," making sure you breathe on the contacts before you put it in. It HAS TO BE CONTRA. Life force and other Konami games will not work. Start the game. Pause it. Now, with the STOCK controller (not the NES Advantage or the NES Max), press UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A START.

If you did that exactly as specified, your battery life on your phone will be doubled. It works for me!

Upvote 0

Plug in an NES in the same socket as your phone's wall charger. Put in the game "Contra," making sure you breathe on the contacts before you put it in. It HAS TO BE CONTRA. Life force and other Konami games will not work. Start the game. Pause it. Now, with the STOCK controller (not the NES Advantage or the NES Max), press UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A START.

If you did that exactly as specified, your battery life on your phone will be doubled. It works for me!

lol wtf...

Upvote 0

Damn, that was funny as hell! The original cheat code that started it all! ;)

Upvote 0

brings back memories....

Upvote 0
I tried this the other day and surpisingly it worked! BUT a day later battery life dropped back to normal. I wasn't sure if it was the fact that turned on wifi tethering and 4g for a little bit but still, it shouldn't of killed my battery this quick after doing this method. I don't think.

I am doing this method again as we speak so is it bad that I am doing this twice and it's only been less than a week?

Upvote 0
for those of you that can't get this battery trick to work:

Plug in an nes in the same socket as your phone's wall charger. Put in the game "contra," making sure you breathe on the contacts before you put it in. It has to be contra. Life force and other konami games will not work. Start the game. Pause it. Now, with the stock controller (not the nes advantage or the nes max), press up up down down left right left right b a start.

funny!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones