• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery tips?

If you have wifi available (like at home), you should use it. I use Y5 Battery Saver to automatically turn my wifi on/off.

I find that blue tooth is one of my biggest drains so leave that off. I use maximum battery saver mode under battery profiles (in Settings).

Also I'm rooted so installed Droid Overclock and overclocked at 1.25 ghz, but with ULV (ultra low voltage), which helps battery use.

Upvote 0
I just recently got my droid X and I have Wifi turned off, my display dimmed and I don't have GPS or bluetooth on. i don't get terrible battery life but I usually have to charge a good amount so are there any other tips out there?

I had great luck using Tasker to create an Auto Brightness profile which is lower than the "standard" auto brightness. Bumped me up to 19 hours with moderate use (was getting 10 hours).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones