• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery tricks

mattcnz

Apr 5, 2010
I am new to android and i am really struggling with what battery tricks to do and don't do.

My battery lasted from 6:30am to 12:00 (5.5 hours). My two biggest battery drainers were "cell standby" 33%, and "android system" 29%. I have email, facebook, twitter, and weather set for reasonable sync times: 2 and 4 hours.

This battery drain occurred at school where it is basically a bomb shelter and I float between 0-1-2 bars of service.

I don't want to have all data off i think 2-4 hours sync is fair. What can i do to improve my battery life?

I have only fully charged the battery twice. will my battery life improve with more charges?

I could really use alot help any tricks or tips.

Thank you in advance.

Also i did the trick to log out of google talk but when i go to running services it is always there. Any help with this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones