1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery tweaks for the HTC One Sv

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mikessv, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Mikessv

Mikessv Android Enthusiast

Has anyone tried any battery saving tweaks or extended batteries or anything for this phone?

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LilBit

LilBit Extreme Android User

3. Mikessv

I downloaded Easy Battery Saver from the Playstore and got 12 hours on my battery with a lot of use.

LilBit likes this.
  4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Why aren't you guys using the built in battery saver? I'm running Jelly Bean but haven't tried it yet because I haven't needed to.

I bet it still works well. It does some of the basic things a battery saver app does. :thumbup:

LilBit likes this.
  5. Mikessv

I wasn't aware they were any battery saving modes on the Htc One Sv.

6. Mikessv

Attached Files:

7. wetbiker7

I'm running JB and the option to turn on the battery saver is at the top of the drop down menu. There are more options in settings too. :D

Mikessv likes this.
  8. Mikessv

I had no success installing Jb, I'm gonna wait til the bugs are worked out.

9. lucids

lucids Well-Known Member

10. wetbiker7

11. Mikessv

That battery isn't much bigger then the stock, how much of a difference does it make?

12. I had a mugen battery on my desire s. It had more mAh than stock battery but in reality it was not more capacity. It was near to the stock, but not more.

13. wetbiker7

Just found these on Ebay.

2x 2500mAh batteries w/ charger- Buy it now- $26.99 Free shipping!

MPJ 2X BM60100 Battery Charger for HTC T528 T528D T528T T528W One SC St Su SV | eBay

1x 2500 mAh battery w/ wall charger- Buy it now- $14.99 Free shipping!

MPJ BM60100 Battery Charger for HTC T528 T528D T528T T528W One SC St Su SV | eBay

2x 1800 mAh batteries w/ wall charger- Buy it now- $17.99 + 2.99 shipping.

2pcs New BM60100 Battery Charger for HTC T528 T528D T528T T528W One SC St Su SV | eBay

I'm seriously considering the new 2500 mAh batteries that have been posted.

Don't even bother looking on Amazon either. They don't have anything!

Kreatur3, wyelkins and o_splatterhand like this.
  14. If there were really 2500mAh batteries, it would be amazing. But I'm in doubt since the mugen one (also because it was not cheap).

15. wetbiker7

Yup, I agree. Hopefully they are true 2500's.

I have a feeling I will be buying these. I'm watching an auction for another set of them right now.

I'll be sure to post about them here AND over at XDA with my findings. :D

o_splatterhand likes this.
  16. We will wait for your report :D

17. wetbiker7

OK. I went ahead and purchased the 2500 mAh battery w/ wall charger and It'll be here between the 16th and the 22nd. I'll test the battery for a few days and report back with a review. ;):D

Kreatur3, mydian and o_splatterhand like this.
  18. When i remember right, it needs 5-6 full loads and empty drains until battery gets its full power. So take your time, no need to hurry.

wetbiker7 likes this.
  19. wetbiker7

Yup. Thanks for the reminder. I'll let you guys know how it's going and post a final review after about a week.

I really hope this thing holds a charge for a good while.

o_splatterhand likes this.
  20. mydian

mydian Android Expert

I'm curious as to how well they work too. Especially the charger. I would like to charge batteries outside of the phone. Almost every phone I have owned with a micro USB has failed or given me some kind of problem.. 3 total.

21. wetbiker7

The wall chargers are nice to have. I've got 2. One for my Prevail and another for the Marquee. They've come in very handy in the past. I always have a fully charged battery when I need it. Lol. If you plan on getting an extra battery or two I recommend getting the battery/charger package.

Keep in mind that these are not universal chargers either. They are battery specific

mydian likes this.
  22. wyelkins

wyelkins Android Expert

I just got this phone Wednesday night. But I took it to work on Wednesday and got 16 hours. Part of that time was on Airplane Mode. My old Prevail was getting at least 18 with no sweat, but that is not a fair comparison considering what this phone does. I am going to have to get a spare battery and wall charger. Also, the USB cable is much too short. Lol.

23. wetbiker7

UPDATE:

Well, I got the battery I ordered but they didn't send the damn wall charger like they were supposed to. Opened a claim w/ Ebay so I'll either be getting the charger or my money back lol.

Anyways, I'm still gonna test out the 2500mAh battery and see how it does. I'll give it a good testing for about a week and then report back on my findings. So far it's looking like it's gonna be a decent battery, thankfully.

LilBit likes this.
  24. Kreatur3

Kreatur3 Android Enthusiast

Excited, or maybe disappointed depending lol, to hear how it goes. I haven't ever bought an extended battery for any of my phones but might get one for this phone if that battery holds up for you and you find buying it is worth the money. Thanks for taking the plunge and for your future reports on it. I hope it is a great buy and extends the amount of time you can use your phone between charges.

25. wetbiker7

Thanks. The good thing about this battery is that it doesn't even need a different back cover. Hopefully it truly is a 2500mAh battery. We'll know by the time I get done testing it. :D

HTC One SV Forum

The HTC One SV release date was January 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1800mAh battery.

January 2013
Release Date
Reviews