• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery upgrade app - danger!

tangood

Lurker
Oct 19, 2011
Have downloaded Battery_Upgrade app which appeared on my Galaxy Ace - got suspicious after I had downloaded and Googled it and found it is a known problem which messes up your phone.
Although I downloaded it I did not instal it so it is sitting there on the pull-down page waiting to be installed. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the download before it gets installed? I do not want to click on in case that instals it. TIA.

Unfortunately, it's not just Android users who are affected by the creators of these apps. Our company "BatteryUpgrade.com" are often confused with the developers of this malware.

We don’t make apps to improve battery consumption: we just sell batteries for mobile devices. We have done so since 2004. The "Battery Upgrade” malware is in circulation since 2011 and provides a negative use of our name.

Through these means we would like to emphasize that we have nothing to do with this malware and we really regret any confusion.
You can read more on this via: http://bit.ly/XACcEx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones