• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery usage breakdown - what's your desire saying ?

declanh

Apr 3, 2010
Folks,
would be very useful to hear other peoples stats on battery usage breakdown ( from the settings -> about phone -> battery option)

When i looked at mine today it said something like 96% was "Android os" and 2 percent was 'Cell Standby' and 2% was phone idle.

Can this be right ?

Phone was fully charged at 8am and shut itself down at 8pm (near enough exactly 12 hours) with only light usage - no wifi or bluetooth and not that much internet access either. About 3 minutes of calls.

since I have had the phone (nearly a week) ive had one day when the battery lasted much better than others and i dont know what i did differently that day! - can anyone suggest what i could be doing wrong - is some backgroound task not shutting down and perhaps killing cpu ?

what is a normal breakdown for battery usage - is 96% for android not too much ?

I tried to install the "notes widget" a few days ago and it failed installation - no every time i look a the extra "htc widgets" it shows up as "installing"

Cant seem to get shot of it from this state - could it be related to my battery performance ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones