1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Battery usage breakdown - what's your desire saying ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by declanh, Apr 26, 2010.

1. declanh

declanh Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Folks,
    would be very useful to hear other peoples stats on battery usage breakdown ( from the settings -> about phone -> battery option)

When i looked at mine today it said something like 96% was "Android os" and 2 percent was 'Cell Standby' and 2% was phone idle.

Can this be right ?

Phone was fully charged at 8am and shut itself down at 8pm (near enough exactly 12 hours) with only light usage - no wifi or bluetooth and not that much internet access either. About 3 minutes of calls.

since I have had the phone (nearly a week) ive had one day when the battery lasted much better than others and i dont know what i did differently that day! - can anyone suggest what i could be doing wrong - is some backgroound task not shutting down and perhaps killing cpu ?

what is a normal breakdown for battery usage - is 96% for android not too much ?

I tried to install the "notes widget" a few days ago and it failed installation - no every time i look a the extra "htc widgets" it shows up as "installing"

Cant seem to get shot of it from this state - could it be related to my battery performance ?

Advertisement

2. nx1977

nx1977 Android Expert

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    Do you have facebook, twitter or emails downloading?

3. declanh

declanh Member

Apr 3, 2010
    yup,
    facebook = every 2 hours
    twitter= every 2 hours
    email = push email

Thats not excessive is it ?

4. nx1977

nx1977 Android Expert

Feb 8, 2010
    UK
    Not really.

Install the spare parts app, and see what it reports for CPU usage and partial wake.

Tags: