1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery usage items with no title.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Battery Usage Issue, May 18, 2016.

1. Battery Usage Issue

None
    Hello, I have an HTC M9 running 6.0 and it is not rooted. I did activate developer mode for curiosity's sake, but I don't believe I've made any changes, only viewed the task manager. I've attempted to search for this issue, but I guess I'm not using the proper search terms. Essentially, when I look at the battery usage page there are items that have no title or description. I'm new to Android, so for all I know this is normal, but it seems bizarre. Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.[​IMG][​IMG]

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Don't know this for sure, but I would think those "empty" rows are either processes or apps that are no longer running or no longer exist.

It would seem to me that it would be relevant to list/include such things if they were recorded as consuming significant battery over the time that the battery usage history covers.

Did you stop and/or otherwise uninstall any apps over the timeframe?

valko67 likes this.
  3. valko67

valko67 Lurker
    None

May 19, 2016
    I think this is a broken link or app but i am not sure ,hihihi like you, i am new, done a lot with my mi3 xiaomi since i haved, i mostly delete those one' after all this are maybe old links from app's like they are also deleted by wipe cache, or i may wrong ?

4. valko67

valko67 Lurker
    None

May 19, 2016
    Think you write scary alien , thought same thing, but seems you have better kwoledg than me, yes if dose broken links or what els it is don't have a lot of consuming battery, y would let them and not delete them, for sure (y) i think this is used by some used app ,like prebuild links to help better or quick connection to run the app, thats what i think it is ,and should not care or make me worry about [emoji1]

5. scary alien

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    No problem, @valko67 :).

Yeah, from the sites I researched and referenced re. this, most folks were also asking if they were old (killed) processes or uninstalled app--which makes sense (can't show an icon for an app that no longer exists, etc.).

And welcome to our AndroidForums :).

valko67 likes this.
  6. UFuqtUs

UFuqtUs Lurker
    None

May 22, 2016
    Male
    Hey guys, thanks a lot for your replies! I'm the OP I just hadn't realized I'd be best to make an account. The deleted app thing does make sense to me. I guess I'll have to figure out some way to test it. Download a weather app or something and run it for a while and then delete it I suppose. Thanks again!

valko67 and scary alien like this.
  7. scary alien

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Cheers and welcome to AF, @UFuqtUs :).

valko67 likes this.
  8. valko67

valko67 Lurker
    None

May 19, 2016
    [emoji3] thank you Scary alien , it's nice to help each other, and learning by owner faults and be better at next, hahaha yeah nice to be here ,have good night everyone, U2 Scary alien [emoji6]

scary alien likes this.