1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery use items not refreshing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oniongirl, Sep 17, 2012.

1. oniongirl

oniongirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Unemployed Computer Science Graduate
    Brighton, UK
    I've been trying to figure out which awful app I have downloaded that is killing my battery. However, whenever I go to the Battery settings menu, it is always telling me the same apps have been using battery, at exactly the same percentage, even when I haven't started using them since last power cycle.

In fact, the menu is reporting that I have been "on battery" for over a day, when I know for a fact I've been using the device unplugged and have power cycled in between.

Is the battery section supposed to show the information like this? I couldn't sworn my old Nexus One would reset the stats when the phone had been turned off/on, and also accurately reflect time spent on battery.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. oniongirl

None

Jan 5, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    On a similar battery-related note, when I plug my N7 in to my computer via USB to charge, I never get the option to "charge only", and the device is automatically mounted as a "Portable Device" (according to Windows 7), and I don't see any option to eject it as I would with my phone. Also normal behaviour? Thanks for any info, forum peeps :)

3. perfectstranger

perfectstranger Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 5, 2010
    North Coast of Ohio
    Since its last update a week or so ago, Wallet has been killing my battery (NFC always off). I went to disable it completely but the option is not available like it is with other apps. Maybe not your problem since I can see in the battery usage screen how much juice it is gulping.

4. oniongirl

None

Jan 5, 2010
    Brighton, UK
    Nope, I don't think it's Wallet... or at least, it doesn't come up on the never-changing list of apps!

I mean, I don't have that many apps installed, so it would make sense that the same ones were always using about the same percentage of the battery, but this is after turning off/on, and without ever loading the app. It just seems like it's not reporting correctly.

Coupled with the fact it takes about 10 hours to charge via USB and I've no idea whether it just won't update the stats until it's fully charged, or if it's just... broken.

I've also had a few anomalies recently where I've plugged in to charge via wall-socket at night, and woken up to find it has either completely run out of juice or not charged at all. The first time I thought maybe I had forgotten to turn the wall socket on, but since then I am positive this has happened at least twice more when I am certain the current should have been juicing my little N7.

I wonder if I've got a faulty battery.