• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery use percentages?

I just had to reboot, because the camera crashed.

It's 9 minutes later, and I have the following:

Android System: 70%
Display: 15%
Cell standby: 13%
com.htc.launcher (with the calendar icon): 2%

My battery is draining at about 1% every 2 minutes with no gps, no bluetooth, no wifi, and not using the web. It must be the syncs that are killing it for me - gmail & messaging...

Upvote 0
I just had to reboot, because the camera crashed.

It's 9 minutes later, and I have the following:

Android System: 70%
Display: 15%
Cell standby: 13%
com.htc.launcher (with the calendar icon): 2%

My battery is draining at about 1% every 2 minutes with no gps, no bluetooth, no wifi, and not using the web. It must be the syncs that are killing it for me - gmail & messaging...

New batteries take a few cycles to get to their full potential. After a week you'll have a better idea.

Upvote 0
"My battery is draining at about 1% every 2 minutes with no gps, no bluetooth, no wifi, and not using the web. It must be the syncs that are killing it for me - gmail & messaging... "

That's how I started I turned off the bt, wifi all the good stuff but it was draining like crazy, I turned down the syncs, to at least 3-4 hours and it made a huge difference.

...and if you ever need to you can always just force an update by clicking the refresh button on the particular app.

Upvote 0
just did a little test between my Moto Droid and the HTC Incredible. it's only 5 minutes of data but it compares some of the usage, especially the display.

copied and pasted from a post i made on another forum:

HTC Incredible:

5m 4s since unplugged:
Android System: 57%
Cell Standby: 16%
Display: 15%..... time on: 5m 3s
Wi-Fi: 12%

Moto Droid

5m 13s since unplugged

Display: 80%.... time on 5m 12s
Android System: 11%
Wi-Fi: 6%
Android OS: 2%
Cell Standby: 2%

the screen on the Incredible is amazing when it comes to power consumption. it seems to me like the display will never ever be the thing eating battery on this phone. AMOLED FTW!!!!

Edit: one more note, this is with auto brightness set on both phone both sittin right next to each other on the arm of my sofa, so conditions were equal."

Upvote 0
just did a little test between my Moto Droid and the HTC Incredible. it's only 5 minutes of data but it compares some of the usage, especially the display.

copied and pasted from a post i made on another forum:

HTC Incredible:

5m 4s since unplugged:
Android System: 57%
Cell Standby: 16%
Display: 15%..... time on: 5m 3s
Wi-Fi: 12%

Moto Droid

5m 13s since unplugged

Display: 80%.... time on 5m 12s
Android System: 11%
Wi-Fi: 6%
Android OS: 2%
Cell Standby: 2%

the screen on the Incredible is amazing when it comes to power consumption. it seems to me like the display will never ever be the thing eating battery on this phone. AMOLED FTW!!!!

Edit: one more note, this is with auto brightness set on both phone both sittin right next to each other on the arm of my sofa, so conditions were equal."

I am still used to turning off my display as fast as possible in terms of saving battery. Good old amoled, sexy and efficient. =D

Upvote 0
I am still used to turning off my display as fast as possible in terms of saving battery. Good old amoled, sexy and efficient. =D

i am to, i have my timeout set to 30 seconds. i just wanted to do a comparison on battery consumption between the two just in terms of the display.

right now:

91% charge

1h 41m and 45s since unplugged

Android System: 29%
Cell Standby: 28%
Wi-Fi: 20%
Phone Idle: 15%
Display: 8%

battery life seems good to me so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones