• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery water damage,pink/red circle

Obscene

Lurker
Feb 25, 2018
Hello,I will try to be as short but detailed as I can.Basically my phone and battery stayed overnight in a ditch but at the moment of contact with water phone already was disassembled and disconnected form battery
WP_20180225_10_32_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20180225_10_32_36_Pro.jpg
(battery,battery carrier,phone) and havent been switched on since.I have left the phone in a bag of rice for 48 hours however because screen is cracked in multiple places I am unable to completely disassemble it and clean it with alcohol.My question however is about the battery,it has the pink circle on it indicating it had taken water damage and one of the connections lost its caper coating.I am wondering if theres a way to still use the battery safely,maybe replace the caper coating,and if someone could fill me in on when is it safe to switch the phone on I would be very grateful.I provided some pictures of battery and phone.

Attachments

• WP_20180225_10_33_44_Rich.jpg
    WP_20180225_10_33_44_Rich.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 414

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones