Here's why I think there's a problem with the radio. Take a look at these two battery history charts. The first one was my optimized 2.1 system:
Note from roughly 12am to 8am, my sleeping hours, the battery drain was pretty much nonexistent. This is with mobile, wifi, and GPS all on.
Now look at last night:
I was asleep from around 2am to 8am, and the battery drained about 20%. No CPU usage, and all the same radios on. Phone was in the same place next to my bed. Awake time is correct. I have all my battery-saving settings in place like before. Also notice that from around 8pm to 12am, I didn't use my phone, screen was off, and the battery drained a lot.
My battery use says it's all from cell standby and phone idle, just like always. So the problem HAS to be with the radio image. Radio doesn't use CPU but is a big drain on the battery. Since my charts show no CPU usage, I have to say that the 2.2 radio is doing something inefficiently.
I've been monitoring these charts almost every day for a month, so I know what my normal baseline is, and the 2.2 radio is definitely a big culprit to my battery issue. Next step for me is to check my setCPU to see if it's really working. I got the updated version, and I have a perflock-disabled kernel....