• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Widget Paranoia!!! I'm FREE!!

Mskgreenel

Android Enthusiast
Mar 31, 2010
ATL
www.youtube.com
I'd like to thank everyone that gave me great advice yesterday regarding my battery issue!!!!
I loved my battery life widget...She was 'acturate' pretty, had an different color to match a wallpaper change...We go way back since I had my Eris... I was told to let her go..... Well I removed her from my home screen and I realized two things...

1.-That my precious cute widget does drain the battery..I'm wasting juice to look at a pretty battery widget.

2.- I was OBSESSED with the numbers on that damn widget..... It makes your battery life more noticeable (duh, that's it's job), but I realized I was OCD about it. Omg it's down to 98%, 80%, 75%..... Oh no it's at 50%..... With that damn widget I was acting like 50% was 30%....

I unplugged my phone today at 11am I had moderate/heavy usage and I have about 50%-ish battery power left.

I'm calmer now without that damn widget and the "%" staring me in the face.

I actually just checked the Battery Status - there are 10 bars.... I have 6 left.... That's great!!!

Maybe I'm not the only one with battery widget obsession... I wanted to put my problem out there and hope I can help another parinoid battery widget person.

Up Time - 29:05
Awake Time- 16:05

:D I feel so much better now. I think I'm gonna go have a drink... Gotta replace one bad habit with another.......:rolleyes:

Yes, thank you. Everyone here, especially the smartphone new guys, need to quit worrying about this. Your phone is basically doing everything your laptop can do, and then some, Facebook/weather/calendar sync/contacts sync/websurfing/games/maps/email & oh yea phone calls and texting. All this while running off battery for 14 hours straight. Now, that may not get you through an entire day, but pretty damn close, and enough for you to get home and charge. For me, thats pretty good.

That being said, im still getting the 1750, haha, I need a little more oomph, but still not complaining...

Upvote 0
I'd like to thank everyone that gave me great advice yesterday regarding my battery issue!!!!
I loved my battery life widget...She was 'acturate' pretty, had an different color to match a wallpaper change...We go way back since I had my Eris... I was told to let her go..... Well I removed her from my home screen and I realized two things...

1.-That my precious cute widget does drain the battery..I'm wasting juice to look at a pretty battery widget.

2.- I was OBSESSED with the numbers on that damn widget..... It makes your battery life more noticeable (duh, that's it's job), but I realized I was OCD about it. Omg it's down to 98%, 80%, 75%..... Oh no it's at 50%..... With that damn widget I was acting like 50% was 30%....

I unplugged my phone today at 11am I had moderate/heavy usage and I have about 50%-ish battery power left.

I actually just checked the Battery Status - there are 10 bars.... I have 6 left.... That's great!!!

Maybe I'm not the only one with battery widget obsession... I wanted to put my problem out there and hope I can help another parinoid battery widget person.

:D I feel so much better now. I think I'm gonna go have a drink... Gotta replace one bad habit with another.......:rolleyes:

LOL, Your a cutie and witty too! :cool:

Upvote 0

I'm a little on the opposite, I like seeing the percentage to know exactly how much juice I got left, I hate looking at those lines or the battery icon and not really knowing. I use HTC's battery widget from the Market.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't think the battery widgets themselves use any extra power. When coding the battery widget app you make a call to a function that checks the level of the battery, the bar at the top of the screen in the notification section would use this as well. But once its loaded into memory it should be able to just pull that into any widget or app by using the function call (can't think of a better term atm, its early). The function probably updates itself every so often and that info is most likely stored in memory for whatever app or widget needs to call it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones