1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery will not charge (sometimes)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cped, Aug 12, 2012.

1. cped

cped Lurker

Hello. I have had an android HTC Incedible S for just over a year now. Over the last 3 or 4 months we have experienced some charging issues. For example, my phone will be plugged in all night, with the orange light on, yet it will not charge. It will actually lose some battery power. We have ordered a number of chargers off Ebay. Some work for a few weeks, some wont work at all, and some will work one day and not the next. This morning, while my phone was plugged in, I got an error message that stated that "charging current was too low". We have tried plugging it into several different wall outlets and several different USB ports on different computers. Any ideas? Does this sound like a faulty battery or a faulty charging port?

Thanks for your time,
    Chris

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Could be faulty charging cables also, the cheap ones off eBay don't always work with some phones. Especially considering the message you are getting on the phone. My next bet would be a bad battery.

cped likes this.
  3. maari99

maari99 Lurker

Hi,
    I dropped my phone in water a while back and it hasnt been charging properly firstly, and secondly the battery life runs out very quickly!!!!!
    CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Most likely can't be fixed... though, the first thing to try would be a new battery.... water usually does irreparable damage to phones.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews