• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery won't charge

I have a Gtab and was running flashback 7.2(Ithink-what ever is most recent ver as of this post). All is good. unplugged it and read part of a book. went to work and plugged it in and when i got home found that the charging light never turned on. powered it up and the battery icon has a question mark in it and it knows its plugged in but no evidence of the thing charging. Tried to wipe data and got no where. nvflashed back to 1.1 stock and still same issues. I have the stock rom on there and it registers that it is plugged in but battery is at zero and has been. i opened the things up(wasn't the first time it has been opened but i never really did anything other than check what the insides look like) and didnt see any obvious connection problems.

I have had it since april and hope that they will honor the warranty because to me this seems like a hardware issue. however because of the fact that i a)opened it up before, b) flashed unofficial roms (although i now have it stock and wiped clean) and c)dont have the original box, i am afraid that they wont do anything to fix it.

does anyone have things i can try to get this thing working again, hear of any issues that the thing has with battery or have any experience with warranty claims that might help me out before i call them tomorrow. stupid cust serv is only open durring the week. ..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones