1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Battery won't fully charge. Could it be in ROM or Theme?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cfb, May 23, 2011.

1. cfb

cfb Newbie

A few days ago my battery only started charging to 91%. I have an Ally with Velocity 1.1 and I use the Thunderbolt theme. I had noticed a few day prior to this that the battery monitor in the Thunderbolt theme was showing the battery was charging, even when the phone was not hooked up to the battery. I have did remove the battery and got it to accept a full charge once or twice, but not often.

Is the battery shot? Or could it be something in the ROM or theme causing it to behave in this manner?

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kejlyCZ

kejlyCZ Android Enthusiast

3. neightwulf

neightwulf Member

I had that and other battery problems (e.g. charge doing down while plugged in, not showing "charging" while plugged in). I "solved" the problem by replacing the battery. I got my Ally the first week of June last year ... if the OEM battery only lasts a year, I bet we're about to see a lot of battery-related threads, heh.

I picked up an LG extended battery from some eBay seller for $14 and change, shipping included. Very satisfied.

4. neightwulf

neightwulf Member

Good point. You can also just kill the battery stats from the "troubleshooting" menu in the Velocity Toolkit.

Interestingly, when I did that before charging the new battery that's when the update notification popped up.

5. cfb

cfb Newbie

I tried calibrating with no luck. It charges fine with the USB and with the car charger, just not with the AC charger. I ordered a new battery, and will try a different AC charger tomorrow. I'm just trying different things now and trying to share info.

6. atc3030

atc3030 Newbie

Thank You sir. my battery has only been lasting like 3 hours. will definately try. thanks.

7. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast

if two out of three work, then I have to say the AC charger is at fault here....Try another and another plug and try again, but sounds like the circuit that slows the charge rate down at 90% is completely shutting the charging down

cfb likes this.
  8. cfb

cfb Newbie

Good call. Sorry it took me a while to get back to this.

I ordered two new batteries (got them off of EBAY for $10.00, including shipping). But before the batteries came in, I finally got around to trying another AC charger and everything worked like it was supposed to.

Thanks for the input everyone and I hope this saves others some trouble if they have the same problem.

9. cfb

cfb Newbie

It's doing it again. Stock battery. Stock charger. Still won't fully charge. Sometimes it does... sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it discharges while it is plugged in. The charging indicator shows that it is charging. I have calibrated the battery. Running Velocity 1.1 with script 38.

10. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert

Best to wipe battery stats after a fresh rom flash and fully charged battery. and then let the battery die completely before charging.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews