1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrmckins, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jrmckins

jrmckins Android Expert
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    What's the biggest (most powerful) battery I can put in the moment and still use the stock back?

Advertisement

2. ColdStart

ColdStart Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 6, 2010
    As far as I know, the one that came with it.

3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Burlington City, NJ
    do they make other batteries for the Moment?

4. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    None are available.

I've searched, and I've contacted Samsung.

We're stuck with the stock battery. The only option is to carry a second battery, which is hardly a good solution, but could work in a pinch.

-SF

5. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    I was just looking yesterday actually and they are all the same physical size and range anywhere from 1100mAh to 1500mAh. The factory battery is 1440mAh. On the upside the batterys i found ranged between 10-25 bucks (including the oem samsung battery) as opposed to the 45 sprint is charging. The bad news is no high capacity the good news is they're fairly cheap.

6. jrmckins

jrmckins Android Expert
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    thanks for the replies. This is for my wifes phone and there's no way I'll get her to swap batteries. I do need to get her a car charger which should help matters a lot.

7. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 1, 2009
    When I'm at work, I just keep my phone plugged into a USB cable connected to my computer. At home, I keep it plugged in if it's setting on the kitchen counter.

I use to try and get a full day out of my phone, until I did some reading on battery technology. The charger circuits and batteries in these phones are made to keep the batteries topped off without overcharging. Additionally, the batteries really aren't designed to "deep cycle" over and over again.

By keeping the phone plugged in when I can... I think I'll get a little more life out of the battery pack in general, and I don't need to worry about running out of juice mid-day.

-SF

8. LaFlavor

LaFlavor Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    I tried one of those 1500mAh batteries not too long ago. Don't bother. The phone repeatedly pops up a message that it's not an approved battery, and asks you to put the approved battery in. It was only a few dollars, so that's not a hug deal, but it's annoying. Especially for a phone that gets such pathetic battery life. I've seen other people complain about this issue too, so I don't think it's just my phone or the battery that I got.

Samsung Moment

The Samsung Moment was one of the first Android Phones with a slideout keyboard.