1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Battle.Net Authenticator available

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jackburnt, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jackburnt

jackburnt Android Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2009
    Auburn, AL

Advertisement

2. 3devious

3devious Android Expert

Oct 28, 2009
    Washington, DC area
    is that like the SecureID key you could get from Blizzard?

3. jackburnt

jackburnt Android Enthusiast

Dec 8, 2009
    Auburn, AL
    It's the Authenticator. You can get a keychain as well. I actually have a keychain, but my Droid stays with me... my keys go in the bedroom. So I switched over.

4. mikem

mikem Newbie

Dec 5, 2009
    WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!! I have been waiting for this. i got hacked not to long ago and now my problems are solved. good looking out.

5. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Android Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    Driver
    Ohio
    I really never saw the point of the authenticator.. just seemed like an added nuisance just to log into the game. People step up all the time talking about how they've been hacked and how this prevents that. I don't buy it. I had played the game since launch and not once has anyone but myself ever logged into the account.. and my password really isn't that complex.

I guess the authenticator would help in the case that you have ever given out your details.. or are dumb and go to sites that install keyloggers.

6. mikem

mikem Newbie

Dec 5, 2009
    Well I never gave out my info and got hacked. Its there for the taking and pretty soon will be manditory so you might as well grab the free one. Other wise post your login info so I can have your stuff.

7. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    People are getting hacked that are not being "Dumb" these days, and the hackers are getting smarter by adding an authenticator to the account. Anyway, yes this is FINALLY here, after I already bought mine about 2 weeks ago. It does give an annoying message every time if you're rooted though.

8. gotwillk

gotwillk Android Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2009
    oh man +100 to this. i never understood how ppl got their accts hacked either. no one uses my computer but me and no one logs into my accts but me. and i only log on to games at home anyway.

9. craighwk

craighwk Android Enthusiast

Nov 15, 2009
    IT Manager
    Denver, CO
    Trust me, I've seen enough people in my guild, as well as others who get hacked, to say that having one of these is important. It's always the people who say "I don't need one" who get hacked. :D

10. Soultics

Soultics Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Yeah, I was one of those guys! Never got hacked but found it pointless and tedious, until people I don't consider dumb started getting hacked randomly. Who knows, that could of been me a week ago and I'd of missed our Lich King kill tonight! (Yeah, I'm a wow nerd)

11. ashb

ashb Newbie

Feb 11, 2010
    DBA
    Washington DC
    Awesome. This is the only thing that has me still turning on my ipod touch. No more.