1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Battle stations! My phone thinks we're at defcon 5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hotelmrrsn, Feb 11, 2011.

1. hotelmrrsn

hotelmrrsn Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2010
    So I'm sitting here this morning, phone is docked as usual and i notice a screen blink out of the corner of my eye. I look over at my phone and it's gone red, every screen has gone into full Terminator vision or submarine battle station mode. I'm rooted, using UD 2.5 and Slayher 1.2 LV kernel. I've been using this build and combo for 3+ months, phone runs smooth and steady and have never had any issues. I haven't installed anything new or done anything different. Any one have any ideas what would cause this, or better yet how to fix it? Reboots, reflashing the rom, battery pulls and restoring from last nandroid have been a no go.[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    IT Project Manager
    Buffalo, NY USA
    Sounds hardware related... I'd hazard a guess at whatever is connecting the mainboard to the display is deciding it's time to quit; or just loose.

3. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    Theres a app/setting for that, cant remember exactly what its called, haven't run UD for a while, but I do remember there's a widget for it too. take a look through UD settings and see what you can find. don't jump to hardware failure just yet. Hopefully someone more familuar with UD can tell ya what setting to look at.

4. hotelmrrsn

hotelmrrsn Newbie
    None

Nov 21, 2010
    There is a render effect called 'Night Mode (red)' but this is not chosen, current setting is at 'no render effect'. The strange thing now is that it's toggled from red to normal, to red to normal a few times in the last couple of hours and i literally have not laid a finger on the device since my first post.

5. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    Thats the app I was thinking of. sounds like there might be a hardware issue. might try a total wipe and load a different ROM and see what affect that has on your phone. if it still does it, then most likely is a hardware issue.