• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battleheart Arrives on Market!!!

supermanlegend

Android Enthusiast
May 12, 2011
United Statea
Really cant say enough about this game besides it one of the best mobile rpgs I've ever played. This game is just well made from the ground up. I loved it on my ipod but will love 10x more on my Android devices support these guys for coming to Android. Also happy they didn't try to rape us like some developers coming over from the ios. Excellent developers hope they bring more over.

http://market.android.com/details?id=com.KelliNoda.Battleheart

Reactions: ogrenator
Too bad they didn't just put a small APK in the market and then download the rest after running the app. As it is now I can't even access it, I'm gonna go ahead and give this a fail.

Shoot them an emai if you need this as option on your device. I think they did it this way because it automatically installs to SD but they did say some phones have a limit. Works good on my Nook and Evo. Plus I'm sure they just learning how to distribute on market the normal way since they new to Android.

Upvote 0
Shoot them an emai if you need this as option on your device. I think they did it this way because it automatically installs to SD but they did say some phones have a limit. Works good on my Nook and Evo. Plus I'm sure they just learning how to distribute on market the normal way since they new to Android.

Yeah I sent an email after posting this and got a response back in 10 minutes. Impressive.

Some phones like the Galaxy S and HTC Desire have a limit smaller than the markets 50MB limit. When these devices came out the Market was limited to 25MB so it wasn't an issue now, but it is now.

Essentially he just wanted to get his app on the market as easily as possible to see how sales are on Android. If the game sells well, he will look into rewriting his app to utilize an external download to improve compatibility.

Hopefully Google will have their 4GB of extra data storage available to developers soon so they don't have to set up their own servers.

Upvote 0
Yeah I sent an email after posting this and got a response back in 10 minutes. Impressive.

Some phones like the Galaxy S and HTC Desire have a limit smaller than the markets 50MB limit. When these devices came out the Market was limited to 25MB so it wasn't an issue now, but it is now.

Essentially he just wanted to get his app on the market as easily as possible to see how sales are on Android. If the game sells well, he will look into rewriting his app to utilize an external download to improve compatibility.

Hopefully Google will have their 4GB of extra data storage available to developers soon so they don't have to set up their own servers.

Well this game will sell very well I'm sure a fix for those phones are coming soon.

Upvote 0
According to the Market when I checked just now its only 100K install, then rest on SD? Update perhaps?

Not available for my SGSII yet, sometimes being an early adopter is a pain.

(Hah, listen to me "Wah! I have the best phone available, but I can't play this game on it" - reading that even I don't feel sorry for me)

EDIT: Yeah, that guy is simply commenting that's after it's downloaded. Market still says 'Size: 46MB' for me (look at the sidebar to the right). Sigh... some of these limitations seem so dumb in retrospect you can't understand how they ever got approved to begin with. Did Apple do the same thing at first?

Upvote 0
hmm not even available for the htc desire HD...

The developer only found out the day of release that there are devices that cant handle 50MB apps. Only the Galaxy S w\ 2.2.1 and the original HTC Desire seems to have this limit. But it looks Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Nexus S, HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there any other phones that don't have access?

Upvote 0
Someone has seemed to found a fix by backing up the game with a device without the limit then installing it via the backup on on galaxy s etc. If you have root access I'm sure you can find different work arounds.

Yeah I could change my build.prop and make the market think I had a different device. Then I could buy it download it and back it up using Titanium Backup. Then restore my build.prop with the default one.

Upvote 0
The developer only found out the day of release that there are devices that cant handle 50MB apps. Only the Galaxy S w\ 2.2.1 and the original HTC Desire seems to have this limit. But it looks Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Nexus S, HTC Desire, HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there any other phones that don't have access?

Ya, I've got a Samsung Galaxy Ace and it simply says "Application not installed".
It's a shame coz I really want to play it.

Upvote 0
Has somebody any idea how to install this game on samsung galaxy i9000?

Get another Android phone that's rooted and sign into it with your gmail. Buy the game and use Titanium Backup to back up the game. Take the backup file to your Galaxy S and use it to install on your phone.

Another option is to install a custom ROM with 2.3.3 and modify your build prop to make the market think you have a different device. This should work but I haven't heard of anyone trying it yet.

Ultimately the developer needs to make a small APK in the market and then download the remaining files when launched. Going forward this will be a must to do game development on Android.

But many developers are just looking for to quickly port their games from iOS and do not want to do the extra work as it will only increase sales by 25%. Only if sales exceed their expectations will they do the work to increase compatibility.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to properly exit out of the game? I kept pressing my phone's "back" button while at the main menu, but it wouldn't exit the game at all. I had to press the home button, then go into my settings, into running apps, and force close the game. Seems like kind of an inconvenient way to close the game... Most other games I've played for Android will close down if you press the "back" button while at the main menu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones