• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bb 0.4 and market not seeing 2.2 stuff>>

-=Jeff=-

Android Expert
Jan 2, 2010
Bartlett, IL
I have BB 0.4 installed on my droid, back when pete released it there was a patch avail so the market would work better, my guess is it cheated the market to thinking the 2.2 ROM was 2.1 but I honestly don't know

now that 2.2 is out granted a different build is there a way to set-up BB 0.4 to see the 2.2 content (like flash) in the market until Pete releases 0.5?

Otherwise I might try CM RC3 but concerned on battery life with it

I have BB 0.4 installed on my droid, back when pete released it there was a patch avail so the market would work better, my guess is it cheated the market to thinking the 2.2 ROM was 2.1 but I honestly don't know

now that 2.2 is out granted a different build is there a way to set-up BB 0.4 to see the 2.2 content (like flash) in the market until Pete releases 0.5?

Otherwise I might try CM RC3 but concerned on battery life with it

This patch at Pete's website changes the "fingerprint" of the buildprop file so the OTA update (and the Market) will think it's the official 2.2 build. Peter Alfonso

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones