1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support BB memos imported into one large NOTE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frostdee, Sep 10, 2010.

1. frostdee

frostdee Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Management
    Nebraska
    Help! I have 89 memos on my BB tour. After sync to outlook then to Droidx, every note app I try turns it into one very large NOTE. UUUUHHHHGGGGG, I need them separated, and able to edit. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Experimentalist
    I feel ya, did the same thing with my 9530 when I got my X. Ended up just deleting and taking it to a VW store near by. They can do it in about 5 min. I know its the easy way out, and you should learn to sync with different platforms but I noticed the X didn't sync very well with outlook, gmail works great but with my BB I used Outlook and Thunderbird and not Gmail. I remember it has to do with the way you export your contact file, comma separated if I remember correctly but again, I had the phone only 2 days, 2 days new to Moto, 2 days new to Android and I was honestly too lazy to find the PDF instructions ( honestly just looked, it used to be sticked in one of the DXs sub topics ). And since its done, well I never went back to Outlook again, just merged everything into Gmail + Thunderbird. I will look into it more in a sec, but if you are near a VW store they and have both phones charged up they will do np, you could even ask how they did it.

I know if you simply send your contact list via Bluetooth something in between gets messed up, or I just simply didn't apply the file correctly. Start using gmail, you can set up forwarding like I did - Android is apparently good friends with Google now :p

In the mean time, try exporting a comma separated file and importing into Gmail, THEN sync your phone with Gmail - I think its along those lines.

EDIT: I really need to read the entire post before attempting to help... I noticed NOTES, try exporting the file on the BB to a doc or dox file, I'm not sure if you can import notes in the standard "sticky" widget/app, you can't, just checked - you will need to either copy and paste, OR download one of the many apps that can read/edit doc files, or simplier txt files.

3. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Male
    Experimentalist
    Reading someones rant down a few I forgot about the app "touchdown", try that, apparently Outlook and Android will NOT sync notes, task - that should make things easier.

4. frostdee

frostdee Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Management
    Nebraska
    when u say copy paste, from where and to? on outlook?